JaWS Membership Eligibility
JAWS MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
FULL / PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- Fiction & Poetry
- Writers with one (1) or more novel(s), collection of poetry or short stories, children picture and chapter books published by an established publisher, or with a contract to publish from an established publisher.
- Writers who have self published one (1) or more novels, collections of poetry or short stories in print or have had one (1) or more books published on a print-on-demand/e-book basis and have sold over 50 copies in the e-book or print-on-demand form within a twelve (12) month period.
- Co-authors, collaborators (including ghostwriters) and translators qualify on the same basis as novelists, poets and short story writers.
- Writers who have had ten (10) short stories or twenty (20) poems published in print or online via magazines, journals, newspapers and/or anthologies.
- Academic & Non-Fiction
- Writers with one (1) or more full length textbook, academic text, collection of essays or other full length non-fiction works published by an established publisher, or with a contract to publish from an establish publisher.
- Writers who have a minimum of three (3) substantial by-lined works of a minimum of 5,000 words or more published in a periodical or journal of general circulation within eighteen (18) months prior to applying for membership.
- Scientific writers who have a minimum of three articles published in a recognized refereed journal/anthology/text book or a series of articles in a newspaper.
- Co-authors, collaborator and translators qualify on the same basis as academic and non-fiction writers.
- Freelance & Journalist
- Writers who have published a minimum of forty (40) articles consisting of between 300-2000 words in a twelve (12) month
- Writers employed on a full-time basis as a writer to a Company
- Writers who have published a minimum of twelve (12) articles consisting of 2,000 words or more in a twelve (12) month period.
- A blogger who has a readership of 30,000 or more
- Performance & Broadcast Writers
- Playwright/Writers with one full length play that has been commercially performed
- Writers employed on a full-time basis as a broadcast writer
- Playwrights/script writers of a full length screen play that has been broadcast or screened publicly.
- Playwrights/screenwriters who have a minimum of ten (10) short plays that has been broadcast, screened or performed publicly.
- Co-authors, collaborators and translators qualify on the same basis as playwrights and broadcast writers.
- Editors who work full-time or free-lance with established publishing houses and have edited at least 3 books (academic or fiction), collection of poetry or short stories.
- Professional editorial consultants who have edited at least 3 books (academic or fiction), collection of poetry or short stories.
Click here to download: